Thursday, June 7, 2012

Signature/T-shirt quilt


 So a little Background on this project. The school I teach at closed this past week, and the students and most of the teachers will be relocated to the larger HS in town. Our principal will not be a principal with us anymore, so in my infinite wisdom, decided to make a signature quilt for all the seniors to sign.

Front



Back


To make sure all the seniors got a chance to sign, I got with the Senior English teacher and she let me know that the office staff wanted to make a t-shirt quilt for her and for the staff to sign, so I got conned into making that one. They told the Principal they needed shirts to donate so she brought in all her school t shirts. I used the t-shirt quilt for the back and had the staff sign it.

I decided to also make mini signature quilts for the two assistant principals.
Back
Front
Back

Front




I used bone print and paw print as much as I could because our mascot is the bulldogs. They really turned out good. I did an overall free motion stipple. When I gave it to her, she cried, it was very touching. She also decided she would like to hang it on the wall, so I went back and added some hanging loops at the top so she could and she can reverse it if she would like to.


No comments:

Post a Comment